Call for Participants of
“The 16th International Students’ Music Contest”
It has been decided that Japan International Cultural Exchange Foundation (JICEF) will host “The 16th International Students’ Music Contest” January 2018. Accordingly, JICEF will call participants of foreign students or trainees studying in Japan for this contest from one of the following categories: Singing, Playing Instruments or Dancing.
Applicants after passed an audition will perform at the contest. This contest was held for the first time in 1980, since then, it has been taking place between two to four years and will be the 15th this time. We believe that this Foreign Students’ Music Contest will make Japanese people increase in interest in foreign students in Japan and deepen mutual understanding between Japanese and foreign students. Also, we hope this contest will help promotion of international cultural exchange.
Such many excellent foreign students have participated in this contest every time, and their performances received a favorable review and notice from wide fields, what’s more, this music contest produced professional musicians every time.
However, since our main purpose is international cultural exchange, any participants are welcomed no matter who are not like professional levels.
We look forward to receiving many applications for the 16th International Students’ Music Contest..
Details of the contest are as follows:
1. Application requirements: International students or trainees now staying in Japan.
(Group applications are accepted)
2. Categories: Singing, Playing Instruments or Dancing.
3. Date: Sunday, January 28th, 2018, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
4. Place: International Olympic memorial center
5. Judges: Shunichi Tokura (composer) and others
6. Awards Ceremony: Commendation of participants' achievement, presentation of trophies, prizes, and certificates of merit
7. Audition: Participants will be selected through an audition that will be held on Sunday, November 12th in Tokyo. Applicants who cannot have an audition on November 12th can send a MP3, MD, CD, cassette tape, MP4, DVD or videotape of their performance (within 2 minutes) with an email or post instead (audition by tape).
However, we will not accept tapes with echo effect or recorded by karaoke. Moreover, applicants should note that tape audition will be judged more strictly than regular audition. We expect applicants from as many countries as possible, since this basically is a cultural exchange activity.
Audition results will be sent by an e-mail or post until November 26th.
8. How to apply: Fill out the attached form and send it to the address or Email address below by November 5th, 2017.
Japan International Cultural Exchange Foundation (JICEF)
2-15-5-207, Shoto, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo post cord: 150-0046
TEL: 03-3467-7422,7316 Fax: 03-3467-7317
9: Other information: Please be aware that if the number of applicants is too large, they might be screened through an examination of documents to some extent before the audition.